Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 25, Celebration of the Earth


Our Eucharist was devoted to restoring our relationship with the earth.
It began with Evelie Delfino Posch sharing this beautiful song :


"Breathing In, Breathing Out"
{Poem: Thich Nhat Hanh; Music: Betsy Rose; Arr. Evelie S Posch}

Breathing in, breathing out, breathing in, breathing out
I am blooming as a flower, I am fresh as the dew
I am solid as a mountain, I am firm as the earth
I am free, I am free, I am free

Breathing in, breathing out, breathing in, breathing out
I am water reflecting what is real, what is true
And I feel there is space deep inside of me
I am free, I am free, I am free

Throughout the liturgy we reflected on Mother Earth. Some of Alan Weisman's thoughts from the book THE WORLD WITHOUT US were also part of our liturgy.

The Mass was dedicated to Tom Seagraves, pastor of St. John of God parish, who is undergoing surgery this week. We ask your continued prayers for him.

We welcomed many new faces and hope that if you attend our next Mass on May 9, celebrating Mother's Day, that you will bring a friend. We will be very happy on that day to welcome woman priest Kathleen Kunster as presider at our Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment